AP Teacher Learning Community (APTLC): Summer Training Academy (Virtual)
Join AP for All Content Area Specialists (CASs) and Master Teachers (MaT) for our AP Teacher Learning Community (APTLC): Summer Training Academy. AP Teachers will have the opportunity to plan for the coming school year and walk away with lessons, units and activities that are ready to go on day 1 of the school year. Teachers will receive training and guidance on centering Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Education (CRSE) practices into their classrooms and instructional planning to set students up for success during the year. CRSE practices leverage aspects of students’ identities, including the rich cultural, racial, historical, linguistic characteristics of students to grow their knowledge.
The Summer Training Academy is open to both new and experienced AP Teachers. New AP Teachers (or experienced AP teachers who would like a refresher) are invited to join us for our Monday sessions (July 12th or August 16th), which will include an overview of the AP Course and Exam Description, AP Classroom and a basic understanding of the course requirements. New and Experienced teachers will then have an opportunity to deepen their understanding of CRSE as they plan lessons and units for their AP classroom.
AP for All will continue to support new and experienced AP Teachers through the 2021-2022 school year through APTLC meetings and individual coaching and online support to deepen their understanding of AP content, skills, and assessments. Teachers can sign up for APTLC meetings by visiting the AP for All website throughout the year or book a virtual support session with any member of the AP for All instructional team.
The Summer Training Academy will be offered twice this summer (each week will offer identical training):
- Each training day will consist of:
- Morning Session (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
- Lunch break (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM)
- Afternoon session (1:00 PM – 3:00 PM)
Overview of Training by Day
- Monday: Deep dive into the Course and Exam Description (CED), AP Exam, and basics of the AP course. This day will be geared towards first time AP Teachers. School leaders are welcome to attend this session to increase their general knowledge of the course. Experienced AP Teachers DO NOT need to attend, unless they want a refresher on this topic.
- Tuesday: An overview and foundation in grounding your AP Classroom in Culturally Responsive and Sustaining (CRSE) Teaching Practices. School leaders are welcome to attend this session to increase their general knowledge of incorporating CRSE practices in Advanced Placement. Open to all AP Teachers (New and Experienced) and school leaders
- Wednesday – Friday: Collaborative planning of Units, Lessons, Activities and Assessments with other teachers and AP for All Staff with a focus on grounding AP instruction in CRSE practices. Open to all AP Teachers (New and Experienced)
I like the option 1 of Monday July 12 to Friday July 16, 2021